Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

Solved!
Accepted Solution

Tech Support Adwords Campaign

| ‎16-10-2013 03:08 PM

Dear Sir 

I am all set to start my Tech Support Process for USA and Canada, Just wish to know what are the policies updated by Google so that i can make necessary changes in my website and  can  actually keep  my campaign up and running .

Message 1 of 12 (1,838 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor
AdWords Accepted Solution

Re: Tech Support Adwords Campaign

Reply to S M T
| ‎16-10-2013 04:06 PM

Hi SMT,

Thank you for your posting. For questions about ensuring your company's products/services in compliance with Google Adwords, please visit the Adwords Policy Center link.

Message 2 of 12 (1,825 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to S M T
| ‎28-10-2013 09:20 AM
Hello Mr Abhilash,

I agree to your point. Google has taken action against such so called tech support companies. But, the point here is that Google has treated all tech support companies like in a same manner and suspended all accounts (Except 2-3 companies and they are still running). Now there are few questions on this:
1) Why these companies are still able to run their campaign on adwords while Google has restricted the whole tech support campaigns. As far as the policy compliance, these companies are still using "Hotmail Customer Support" Or "Contact Hotmail Support" as their ads title. I am sure that this is against the policy.
2) What is the critria for distinguishing between a legitimate and fake tech support companies.
There are few companies that provide genuine technical support but they have been suspended by Google due to other scams.
Waiting for your reply.

Thanks a lot.

About the answer related to the question why some companies are still running like for which the names can't be revealed, is that these companies are not dependent only on SEM's to run there business
Message 3 of 12 (1,723 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Manish V
| ‎31-10-2013 01:48 AM
Hi Manish,

Abhilash is a friend working for Google Inc. although i am here to answer this question as i have been following up with him closely.
As of now there are not just one or two companies but lot more which are successfully running the business, but yes you can say that, only those companies who have their strong physical presence in United States or in the Country for which they are running their Ad words campaign are able to sustain in the business.
Simple reason for the same is Last time around a year ago when Federal Trade Commission came to India and shut down 9 companies and ceased their Assets, they had to go through with the lot of legal hassles, and certainly it is not possible for such commission to Visit India every time to take down few scammers, so they made sure that companies who are running the Tech Support business if their Counter parts are available in US and takes the responsibility, for all the operations in india they do not have any problem in letting the business run.
Message 4 of 12 (1,668 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Karan R
| ‎31-10-2013 07:39 AM
Hello Karan,

Well when I had a discussion with a Google Rep. on 25 Oct, he revealed the fact to me that Google is now not allowing tech support business model for advertise anymore... he confirmed me that the issue is Tech Support business model, not even the country. To answer my queries he further said that it doesn't matter if the business is located in USA either but if it is a remote technical support (where you are not interacting with customer directly face to face) so it is totally band and restricted now. But if a company provide support directly from its location say from office where customer can reach directly so it is allowed.

Now I don't know what the other companies are doing I mean if they have their physical support office in USA or not but as far as I know almost all tech support companies work remotely. yes, some of them registered their business in USA but I don't think any of them provide manual or onsite support to the customers. Else GOD knows better but if the Google's term says Tech Support business model is not allowed then every company should be down regardless they are big or not...!!! AND IF GOOGLE IS DOING PARTIALITY FOR ANY REASON THEN GOOGLE SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT ONLY 2-3 COMPANIES CAN'T PAY THEM ENOUGH AMOUNT IN COMPARISON OF ALL TECH SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESS PAY TO THEM TOGETHER!!!!!

Well whatever is going it is really hurting the whole business trade because we all were depended on Google only and now since the business down so lots of people have been job less in this 1 Oct month only... and it is not a Good thing!!!
Message 5 of 12 (1,646 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Mohd S
| ‎31-10-2013 10:48 AM
Well, we all have disclaimer on our website and it states that we are not related with any company and we are third party tech support and i think all who are searching for their problems must knew english even after reading that they are calling us and they are ready to give remote access than why google is having problem with that ?
Customer need, Customer Choice, Customer is satisfied than why Google is having problem. Google is just a search engine and it is doing it's job, than why Big brands are having problem . If You want to be at top just pay harder and stay at top.
Message 6 of 12 (1,632 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to S M T
| ‎05-11-2013 04:42 PM
Message 7 of 12 (1,539 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Darshan s
| ‎06-11-2013 02:39 PM

I was curious to see what Darshan was promoting so when I checked out his link... it really makes me sad to see how what's going around in the Tech Support world when it comes AdWords Account Suspensions is really a lot of mis-information.

Here's what I mean...

If you're main 'Strategy' is to add a few tabs like a Free Support tab, or a Contact tab with a map of your location in India, or having a 'Plans' tab the lists your pricing services... you're missing the big picture.

All you're really doing is trying to put paint over your Tech Support business hoping that Google will think you're a different business. It's like taking an ugly duckling... dressing it up, putting lipstick on it, and trying to pass the ugly duckling as a beautiful Swan.

C'mon... do you really think Google's not going to be able to tell that you're not just an ugly duckling all dressed up trying to pretend to be a swan? The mentality of most people in the Tech Support business is that there's this easy quick fix to make my business tech support business be approved by Google.

But the reason why Google is not going to accept you or allow you to advertise on Google over the long-term is because you're still acting like an Ugly Duckling. When I work with clients to fix their violations... my job is to turn these ugly ducklings... and help them to transform their businesses so they can become beautful swans.

Google only wants to promote businesses that are beautiful swans... that make a difference, that contribute tremendous value, that won't harm people, and promote business they can be proud of. Because think about it... if Google promotes businesses that are setup with that mindset... that brings back tremendous value to Google's brand... and puts Google's reputation at a very high state in the eyes of the searcher.

A state of mind where the searcher will use Google more... tell others how they love using Google versus any other search engine... give Google very good reviews. So you have to start thinking with that mind frame.

The question you should be asking yourself is... how can I transform my tech support business to make it a business where Google would want to partner with me? How can I transform my tech support business so that Google could be proud of my business and would be willing to recommend me to their users?

When you start thinking like that... then it'll become very obvious why just putting extra tabs at the top of your page is not the long-term solution Google is looking for.

There's more to it than that.

So hopefully this gives you a better idea of what Google is looking for and hopefully it steers you away from just trying to find quick easy fixes that makes no difference and won't make a difference.

Google expects more from their partners that they are willing to allow to promote on AdWords. And so it can be done... but you'll just have to transform how your business operates and promotes itself in order to make it work.

I'm going to be doing a Google Hangout that's open to the public for anyone that wants to attend. I just can't stand all the mis-information going around from people who are giving you bad advice on how to fix the problems. It's not helping anyone.

I think more people need to hear the truth of why Google is suspending your accounts instead of all the mis-information that's going around.

Connect with me on Google+ and I'll keep you updated to when we will be hosting the Google hang-out so you can interact with me and ask me your biggest questions live over the hangout.

-- Dathen Fairley

Follow me on Google+

https://plus.google.com/101144046279696910578/posts

Message 8 of 12 (1,509 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to S M T
| ‎10-11-2013 09:34 AM

You are correct , thinking google as fool is making yourself an idiot .. there are many things who never understand by tech support companies its not the website which is blocking there business .. its the business model which is .

PPC Expert for Technical Support

Message 9 of 12 (1,423 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to leather s
| ‎11-11-2013 11:21 AM

Hi Leather,

Thank you for posting on our forum. However you are not allowed to promote any products or services here as it is against the Community guidelines. In order to protect your personal privacy, we advise you to remove your emails, websites and/or phone numbers from the post. Please use the Edit Reply button in the upper right corner of the post to remove it.

*Avoid self-promotion
This user-to-user community is not intended as a place for members to solicit business by promoting their products or services, even if they are AdWords-related. (Your profile is your dedicated space to include any information you wish to share with others, so feel free to use it.) Please don’t create posts that solicit business or use a signature as a means of promoting your business.

This thread was removed by a Community Manager as per the Community Posting Guidelines.

Message 10 of 12 (1,386 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here