Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

AdWords Feature Change - Changes to Ad rotation

| ‎01-05-2012 07:48 AM

Experienced advertisers take note - you're about to lose your ability to choose for yourself whether your ads are rotated evenly or according to AdWords' "optimized" metrics.

New Changes to Ad Rotation

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Message 1 of 7 (336 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: AdWords Feature Change - Changes to Ad rotation

Reply to Theresa_Zook
| ‎01-05-2012 08:13 AM

Thanks Theresa. Much appreciated.... :manlol:

Message 2 of 7 (332 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Theresa_Zook
| ‎01-05-2012 04:32 PM

Woohoo - great stuff. Always good when we lose the ability to do something! :smileyfrustrated:

Seriously, unless I'm missing something, is it really going to be no longer possible for us to leave our ads on Rotate Evenly for longer than 30 days at a time? Surely the biggest gain here will be to Google's coffers rather than to us advertisers... will there not be an option to override this?

Message 3 of 7 (319 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to swebber
| ‎02-05-2012 08:09 AM

Yes, we will lose the ability to have our ads on even rotation for more than 30 days--unless we change the ads in the relevant Ad Group to make them "new" in which case (as I understand it), rotation will be available temporarily.

No, I don't believe any override is going to be offered.

I'm significantly concerned about this myself.  A pre-set 30-day even rotation may make sense to the programmers but I do have clients with low-traffic accounts where it takes significantly longer than 30 days to gather enough data to really analyze the performance of a new ad variation.

I also have clients with significant traffic curves during the course of a month--ones where the bulk of the traffic comes at a set point in a month (like the first or last week).  For those clients, I generally need to test new ad variations for 2-3 months, during the high-traffic times, in order to evaluate new ad messaging.

I guess the bottom line is that my experience with letting the software decide which ad in an Ad Group is the "good" one has not been a positive one.  :womansad:  I would really prefer not to lose this level of control.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Message 4 of 7 (303 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Theresa_Zook
| ‎02-05-2012 09:18 AM

I'm pretty ticked about this "upgrade" too.....  I have specialized ad's that run along with my default ad group, that I use for special events, holidays, etc....  So, now I'll have to create yet ANOTHER group just to run these ad's, with  the same keywords ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Anybody, at google thinking, other than their accountants???????????????

Message 5 of 7 (298 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Key_West_Expres
| ‎02-05-2012 12:24 PM

Well, I asked for changes in ad rotation, but not this! How about letting the advertisers make their own decisions?

Geez, Louise!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Message 6 of 7 (283 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to petebardo
| ‎02-05-2012 12:55 PM

Pete, you have to remember...  WE don't know what we're doing or what is best for our business...

Message 7 of 7 (281 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here