Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

Solved!
Accepted Solution

HELP .... 200 MALICIOUS CLICKS ON MY ADWORDS EVERY DAY!

| ‎20-03-2012 03:18 PM

Hi All,

Can somebody help? I am getting 200-300 malicious clicks on my adwords every day of the week...has the villian got a BOT to attack my advert? I have tried blocking his town from the map-thingy...but I can not do it!!! so, frustrating...and, i am blocking 20 different I.P's a day on the Adwords settings....any solutions out there.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 6 (1,052 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor
AdWords Accepted Solution

illegal clicks reporting

[ Edited ]
Reply to TeamDisney
| ‎20-03-2012 04:05 PM
Last edited 20-03-2012 04:09 PM by MosheTLV

TeamDisney;

Please use the following form to report the illegal activity to Google. Google investigates with its own tools and its "click fraud unit". (Yes, Google has one... :smileyhappy:). If those clicks are found to be invalid, you will be fully refunded by Google.

-Moshe

Message 2 of 6 (1,046 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

How are you determining those clicks are malicious, what...

Reply to TeamDisney
| ‎20-03-2012 04:29 PM

How are you determining those clicks are malicious, what are you seeing that's causing the concern?

Tom

Message 3 of 6 (1,039 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Hi TeamDisney,   Have you added the invalid clicks column...

Reply to MosheTLV
| ‎20-03-2012 04:29 PM

Hi TeamDisney,

Have you added the invalid clicks column to the campaigns tab? That will tell you the number of invalid clicks Google has detected and credited back to your account.

Are the IP address you are blocking all in the same class C block? If so, you can block the entire group with a wild card (ex: 192.168.0.*).

Otherwise, I'd follow MosheTLV's suggestion and contact support.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Message 4 of 6 (1,038 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: illegal clicks reporting

Reply to MosheTLV
| ‎03-04-2013 02:26 AM
Link to reporting is to "Page not available" I have coded a tracker on my landing page to track incoming traffic and over 90% of all my clicks are fake clicks... I am also now tracking the page with Google Analytics and even the behavior is not that of a real user/client... and only some of the headers are duplicated, I now record all of it and here is an example of a duplicate: http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=CG56Af_FbUfiGOK337AavoICgCIyA7rUDlO_X10yNhpkFCAAQAygDUMz01cH_____... - this is submitted each and every day, sometimes multiple times a day, but the other clicks are all from different ip's from all over, it looks like some sort of adwords botnet tool? Is there some service offered to attack competitors ads?
Message 5 of 6 (340 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: illegal clicks reporting

Reply to Andre C
| ‎05-12-2013 08:27 PM
How can i check which ip is clicking on ads? i have several very targeted keywords with 100% bounce rate
Message 6 of 6 (77 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here