Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

Known issue affecting some accounts

| ‎24-11-2012 08:24 AM

Hello all,

there is a technical issue affecting payment on some accounts causing ads to not show.

Engineers are working on resolving the issue as soon as possible.

We are am deeply sorry for the inconvenience.

Please check the other threads on the same topic and do let us know when your issue is resolved.

Thank you very much to all our Customers who have been helping others in this Community to deal with the issue.

Cheers,

EF

Yes, I work at Google. I want all AdWords Advertisers to be happy and prosperous
Message 1 of 18 (1,233 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: Known issue affecting some accounts

[ Edited ]
Reply to Eric
| ‎24-11-2012 10:50 PM
Last edited 24-11-2012 10:54 PM by TheCrabbyLady

Hi Eric,

Is there an update on this issue?   

Just an observance based on reading other threads and doing Google searches, but does the issue lie solely within accounts who make manual payments?  As another person noted, all the 'big box stores' and sites who most likely have their accounts set to auto payments and/or have unlimited/sky high daily budgets seem to still be showing up as usual. 

In my honest opinion, Google has dropped the ball on this one.  Big time.  I can't imagine a company their size, whose main revenue is derived from advertising, not having any Adwords support available to call, chat or email over the biggest shopping weekend of the year.  Not to mention, apparently no backup plan or workaround for a 'glitch' of this magnitude.

And while I appreciate the apology for 'the inconvenience', it just doesn't quite make up for the thousands of dollars of revenue we've lost over the past three days. You know...it being the biggest shopping weekend of the year and all. 

Oh! And while the engineers are working on it...can you see if they can reset the clock to Nov. 22nd?  

Not feeling all warm and fuzzy right now...or happy and prosperous.

DJ

Message 2 of 18 (1,211 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to TheCrabbyLady
| ‎25-11-2012 08:51 AM

Hello Crabbylady (and all others)

a fix has rolled out. If there is any more difficulty, please let us know.

Cheers,

EF

Yes, I work at Google. I want all AdWords Advertisers to be happy and prosperous
Message 3 of 18 (1,192 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Eric
| ‎25-11-2012 10:06 AM

Hello,

can you please confirm that all is now working for you?

Thank you,

EF

Message 4 of 18 (1,189 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Eric
| ‎25-11-2012 10:30 AM

I'm on manual payments and have 3 accounts (one for each location/business).  My accounts have funds.  I almost always rank first page.  2 of the accounts do not have any messages about there being any issue.  The third account says that my ads are not running because they have been paused or deleted but the account shows "eligibe".  I don't see how this could be related but I notice today that my business and other "small businesses" in the same business in my city have had their locations on Yelp disappear based on a querry in which they would normally rank high.  There still there if you search by name but not if you search by words that would indicate a category.  For example if you search for Spa in Napa the business does not show up but if you search for the business by name Mais Oui in or near Napa, CA it does show up.  Really odd that these similar problems are hitting Adwords and Yelp at the same time.

Message 5 of 18 (1,185 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to chuningd
| ‎25-11-2012 10:36 AM

Hello Chuningd,

can you please let me have the CID of the account that shows the problem so we can look into it?

Thanks,

EF

Message 6 of 18 (1,181 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

[ Edited ]
Reply to Eric
| ‎25-11-2012 10:56 AM
Last edited 25-11-2012 10:57 AM by Eric

chuningd
CIDs
[edited by Moderator]
Thanks

Message 7 of 18 (1,176 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to chuningd
| ‎25-11-2012 10:58 AM

Thanks (I removed your CIDs from your post, no worries).

Let us know when you see thjat all is working.

Cheers,

E

Message 8 of 18 (1,173 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Eric
| ‎25-11-2012 11:30 AM

We are a business with three Day Spa locations (that's why there are three accounts).  Google Adwords represents 99% of our advertising.  Not having the ads run on a weekend day  (when we would normally be the most busy) can literally cost us over $1,000.  My phones have not rung today.  It would be nice if Google would offer some form of advertising credit to compensate for the ads not running and the resulting loss of revenue.

Message 9 of 18 (1,167 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to chuningd
| ‎25-11-2012 11:55 AM

"We are a business with three Day Spa locations (that's why there are three accounts). Google Adwords represents 99% of our advertising. Not having the ads run on a weekend day (when we would normally be the most busy) can literally cost us over $1,000. My phones have not rung today. It would be nice if Google would offer some form of advertising credit to compensate for the ads not running and the resulting loss of revenue."

Exactly.  Unfortunately, a simple advertising credit isn't going to make up for the lost revenue for those of us with retail businesses relying on Christmas sales.  Black Friday weekend is almost over and, thanks to this glitch, we missed the three biggest spending days of it. 

Our ads FINALLY started showing again around 10:00 am this morning.  Still don't know if it's because the issue was actually resolved or because we switched over to auto-payments around 1:00 am this morning.

Still not happy and definitely not prosperous!  No offense intended towards you, Eric - I realize you were just Google's sacrificial lamb sent out to placate us. :smileyhappy:

Message 10 of 18 (1,165 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here