Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

Mobile vrs Desktop ads

| ‎27-03-2012 05:59 AM

Hello,

1.  Are the the mobile and the desktop priced the same for same keywords?

Or are they function of all of the metrics including the traffic volume?

TIA

Message 1 of 5 (404 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Hello wn-nj,   The traffic volume over mobile devices and...

Reply to wn-nj
| ‎27-03-2012 06:08 AM

Hello wn-nj,

The traffic volume over mobile devices and desktops is different in the sense that online audiences search in a different manner. You can use the Keyword Tool to identify what kind of search terms would be beneficial to target mobile devices and desktops based on your specific business.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Message 2 of 5 (400 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Platform Targeting

Reply to wn-nj
| ‎27-03-2012 06:08 AM

Hi wn-nj,

Your CPC bidding is not directly related to the device targeting settings.  This does not mean that the costs may not vary between targeting methods.  I believe this is why it is generally recommended to run separate campaigns for such things.  Search, Display and Mobile are all different.  User behavior varies between devices and platforms, so the message and strategy should also vary according to your targeting methods.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Message 3 of 5 (399 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Taking my own example, we follow Tom's advice whereby Com...

[ Edited ]
Reply to PPCBossman
| ‎27-03-2012 12:19 PM
Last edited 27-03-2012 12:20 PM by Lakatos

Taking my own example, we follow Tom's advice whereby Computer and Mobile ads are running in separate campaigns. The principals of the computer simulated auction are pretty much the same still we have found that Mobile clicks typically cost less which is probably caused by less competition. (CPA and volume tend to be less too.) It applies to industries we are interested in, however, as you were advised above each industry might be different.

Message 4 of 5 (387 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Thanks to all three for the answer.   I am finding out (n...

Reply to wn-nj
| ‎28-03-2012 06:19 PM

Thanks to all three for the answer.

I am finding out (no official confirmation) that the device has no bearing on the price.

The cost seems to be high, even when volume is very low (I am running the campaing in a small geo market).  

I am also finding out, that the mobile site does, one designed for mobible market, does not help either. 

It seems I am competing against desktop sites, for desktop volume drive and for desktop established prices.

Can anyone from Google (or someone with more experience) shed some light on this?

I want to target Mobile, but if prices are not adjusted, I will have to rethink this.

Much obliged. 

Message 5 of 5 (373 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here