Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

Solved!
Accepted Solution

Suspended Adwords account. Could you give me your opinion as to why?

| ‎16-03-2012 07:28 PM

Here's my story in order of events

1. I set up my Google account, filled in Billing information, and created my 1st campaign.

2. A day later I got an email saying that my account was in Review for Billing.

3. I called Google Adwords, and spoke to a very friendly Rep, that guaranteed me , this is a normal review, and that it would only take a few business days.

4. She was right. 3 days later, my review was complete, and my ads were live!

5. I was billed without problems for the first $50. Then someone told me that I could get a voucher/credit from Adwords.

So I put in my email on a Google page that was offering a $75 dollar voucher, and I received my offer via email.

6. I started advertising again for free with my $75 voucher.

7.Days later,  I added about 10 new Adgroups with a bunch of new keywords.

8. Most of my Quality Scores were 5, 6, and 7's. I have a couple of ones with 2. CTR for all keywords was almost 4%.

9. I stopped advertising for a couple of weeks (I still had about $20 of credit remaining).

10. A week later I receive the suspension notice. At first the message was

a) Because your billing information could not be verified

then days later it was this

b) Repeated violation of AdWords or Landing Page and Site policies

My thoughts:

* I followed up with my bank on the billing issue, and it was true, that at the time, by account did not have any funds.

Could they have suspended my account based on the 1st billing problem? Remember that they were able to deduct $50 successfully prior to that.

* If this was solely a billing issue, is it normal for them to send a follow up suspension mentioning violation of Adwords site policies?

* I tried calling the Adwords number, but the computer won't transfer me to a live person. Right after I enter my account #, the computer tells me that my account is suspended.

Does any one have any advice? I have read about people getting their accounts reinstated. That's why I have some hope.

Thank you

Message 1 of 11 (727 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Hi Maroon,   I am little surprised about the account susp...

Reply to maroon
| ‎16-03-2012 10:56 PM

Hi Maroon,

I am little surprised about the account suspension following 2 reasons in your case i.e. billing issue and then landing page violation issue.

But there is a possiblity if Adwords firstly was not able to verify your billng details and then on top of it also found that your landing pages are in violation.

I would suggest you to for check the keyword status and see if it is giving the landing page violation as the reason. Then you will have to work on your website landing pages and adhere to the Adwords policy to make it user friendly and then again apply for website review.

In case of billing as the concern, you need to talk to your bank and make sure you have proper funds to run the ads.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Message 2 of 11 (717 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Thanks Pankaj,    Your answer is very helpful.   I checke...

Reply to pankaj1782
| ‎17-03-2012 12:36 AM

Thanks Pankaj, 

Your answer is very helpful.

I checked the keywords (160 total) and I noticed that I don't have any Landing Page Quality problems. 

I do however, have about 10 keywords that show :

keyword relevance - poor

As far as the billing issue, I have resolved it, and its funded appropriately now.

The way I found out my keyword's status, is by hovering my mouse over the bubble in the Status column, correct?

Do you know if there is any other place that I can check, to find out the exact policy that I was violating?

Thanks again

Message 3 of 11 (713 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Hi Maroon,   Try running the keyword diagnosis in your Ad...

Reply to maroon
| ‎17-03-2012 02:28 AM

Hi Maroon,

Try running the keyword diagnosis in your Adwords account. 

Did you check the ad status and does it say something like site suspended? If yes, then it means that you surely have to rework on your landing pages as I mentioned above.

Also, what info you are getting in the Billing tab. Does it say that there is some pending payments or Billing not verified? 

In case you follow all the things mentioned above and find no reason of ads not running, I would encourage you to contact Adwords ASAP during the week days.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Message 4 of 11 (707 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Thanks again Pankaj   I did check the ad status, keyword...

Reply to pankaj1782
| ‎17-03-2012 12:46 PM

Thanks again Pankaj

I did check the ad status, keyword diagnosis, and billing tabs, and found no errors. 

I will try and contact Adwords on Monday as you suggested!

Message 5 of 11 (690 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Hi Maroon,   Do contact Adwords and let us know here also...

Reply to maroon
| ‎18-03-2012 11:00 PM

Hi Maroon,

Do contact Adwords and let us know here also whether your issue got resolved or not.

Thanks!

Pankaj

Message 6 of 11 (670 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Thanks again Pankaj!   I just wrote to Adwords with respe...

Reply to pankaj1782
| ‎18-03-2012 11:36 PM

Thanks again Pankaj!

I just wrote to Adwords with respect to the billing problem. I notified them that my bank account problem has been fixed. 

Hopefully they will reply tomorrow (Monday).

I've also reviewed all of the Adwords policies and its probably that I am breaking one of the rules. Its this one

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=guide.cs&guide=1308145&topic=131086...

I think I might be in violation of mirroring. I did this because the 2nd site was set up for development testing. But we put No Follows on all the pages and it wasn't indexed by google.

Message 7 of 11 (667 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Hi Maroon,   I would also suggest you to take serious act...

Reply to maroon
| ‎18-03-2012 11:41 PM

Hi Maroon,

I would also suggest you to take serious action in terms of this violation which you have identified yourself now. It's good that the identification has been made from yourside and try working in to eliminate this violation and adhere to the guidelines which I posted in my last posts.

Let's also see what Adwords support has to say on this for you.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Message 8 of 11 (664 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Yes, thanks.    Thinking about it more,  do you think I s...

Reply to pankaj1782
| ‎18-03-2012 11:50 PM

Yes, thanks. 

Thinking about it more, 

do you think I should mention it considering that I did not receive any violation concerning site mirroring?

In other words, would I just be implicating myself with further violations by admitting it? 

Or do you think they must know this. 

Message 9 of 11 (662 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor
AdWords Accepted Solution

Hello again Maroon,   Nothing is hidden from Adwords supp...

Reply to maroon
| ‎19-03-2012 03:09 AM

Hello again Maroon,

Nothing is hidden from Adwords support :smileyhappy: I would suggest you to work on this mirror issue of your website and rectify all the flaws till it adheres the policies. And there is no harm in telling Adwords about it before also because if you are admitting, it directly means that you also tend to eradicate that issue as well. Isn't it? I hope nothing was intentional.

Pankaj

Message 10 of 11 (659 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here