Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

Solved!
Accepted Solution

Ad approved but no impressions.

[ Edited ]
| ‎06-03-2012 12:52 PM
Last edited 06-03-2012 01:12 PM by DerekM

Hi there,

I recently set up an ad, which was approved, but it isn't getting any impressions. Everything is enabled and not paused, keywords are 'eligible'. I'm not sure what else I should be looking for, any ideas?

Thank you!

Derek

Message 1 of 7 (3,083 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: Ad approved but no impressions.

Reply to DerekM
| ‎06-03-2012 01:30 PM

Hi DerekM,

For me, many questions arise from your problem.  Mainly:

How recent is recently?  There is some delay in reporting.

Also, do you have other ads in this same adgroup that are currently being served (getting impressions)? 

Which ad delivery/rotation method are you employing on your campaigns? 

Have you tried the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool at all?

Assuming that you've set everything up correctly, you may just find that your impressions reporting is in fact delayed and hopefully tomorrow, you'll see the impressions (and clicks!) that you are hoping for.  Again, this is all assuming that recently means sometime today.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Message 2 of 7 (3,075 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to PPCBossman
| ‎06-03-2012 01:54 PM

Hi Tom, thank you for your reply.

I've had the add set up for about a week now, making slight  tweaks to the text that required reapproval. One such revision did get a few hundred views and a handful of clicks. Then I changed the wording again slightly, and since then there were no impressions. The ad has remained the same for a number of days now though.

It is the only ad I have currently.  I am using Standard ad delivery.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 7 (3,070 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor
AdWords Accepted Solution

Reply to DerekM
| ‎06-03-2012 02:12 PM

Hi DerekM,

Interesting.

Okay so to clear a few things up first .

You have plenty of budget allocated to allow this ad to run and no restrictions on when it can run.

The newest version of the ad is indeed approved.

Previously you had a different version of this same ad that was working (you were receiving impressions and clicks).

I would set up a few ads so you can test them out.  The one ad that was working for you should be the first one you get back into the mix.  Build off of that.  Its perfectly normal to run multiple ads per ad group until you can identify which ones perform the best.  There is no real need to keep editing the same ad, just pop another one in there and let them run.  If you let Google optimize your ads, the best performing ones (over time) will get the advantage in being displayed more often.

You are correct in one area, each time you edit an ad, it has to pass the review process again.  With only one ad in your campaign, you're taking everything offline while you wait for approval. 

Also, make sure you're sticking to the guidelines set forth by Google.

Here is a place where you may find some helpful information on troubleshooting ad issues:  http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=1713910&path=1713909&ctx=topmenu

Good Luck!

-Tom

Message 4 of 7 (3,067 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to PPCBossman
| ‎06-03-2012 03:28 PM

Hi Tom,

Great suggestion! It never even occured to me to create multiple ads instead of altering the first one. I have just made a second ad, which is also already approved, so I will wait and see what happens with this one. Do I need to be attaching certain keywords to each ad somehow, or do all keywords in the campaign trigger all ads?

Thank you.

Message 5 of 7 (3,056 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor
AdWords Accepted Solution

Reply to DerekM
| ‎06-03-2012 04:05 PM

Hi DerekM,

Well...I can only give you a quick rundown as it would take quite some time to explain everything in details but I'll certianly try.

Your keywords should be grouped into related and relevant themes/categories called adgroups.  Each adgoup will contian ads that will be served when the keywords within the adgroup are queried and win a spot on the search results page.  If your keywords are grouped properly, you should have very little trouble creating specific ads for each adgroup. Ideally, you'll have relevant landing pages as well.  

They way you go about using Adwords is heavily dependent on what your objectives and goals are. What is a conversion to you?  Have you set up conversion tracking yet?  Having a sound and solid foundation for your account is a big key to success.  The foundation being the setup and structure of your account, from top to bottom.

You may want to spend some time poking around here: http://support.google.com/adwords/?hl=en to gain a better understanding of what to expect as well as some tips for success and best practices.  It takes time to learn but it is well worth it.

Here is another helpful sites that you may find useful:  http://www.google.com/ads/learn/

Finally, right on the adwords login page, you can find a phone number to call or a link to a form to request a callback for Adwords help, especially during intial setup.

-Tom

Message 6 of 7 (3,051 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to DerekM
| ‎06-03-2012 04:08 PM
Message 7 of 7 (3,048 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here