Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

Mother’s Day tip: How to organize your AdWords account?

Community Manager Zee Community Manager
| ‎29-04-2013 12:26 PM

Hi all,

It’s almost 2 weeks to Mother’s Day. If you are in a retail business and you want to get the most out of your AdWords account, you can follow our series on how to improve your overall performance in the next days.

In order to be able to reach consumers at the moments that matter across devices with more relevant ads, Google AdWords launched Enhanced Campaigns. The best way is to create a separate campaign for each occasion, such as Mother’s Day, that can be used again next year.

Here is an example of a flower shop. All you need to do is create this structure. A well-structured account allows you to:

• determine which ads leads to sales (conversions)

• monitor changes easily

• have better control over budgets and costs

• locate specific keywords quickly

• manage and edit your campaigns easily 

If you haven’t upgraded your account yet to Enhanced Campaigns, you can do it now. Afterwards, you can just simple create a new campaign. 

Zee
G+
Message 1 of 7 (991 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: Mother’s Day tip: How to organize your AdWords account?

Reply to Zee
| ‎30-04-2013 01:28 PM

Hi all,

In my previous post, I've talked about creating a separate campaign for Mother's Day. I've listed also the advantages of a separate campaign. Now let's continue with what you can do next.

Now that we’ve created a new seasonal campaign, you'll need to add Ad Groups and keywords. Ad groups allow you to create a tightly themed keyword lists and ads for every product that you offer. For instance, for your Mother's Day campaign you might want to create an ad group for ‘mother's day flowers’ and one for ‘mother's day gifts’ depending on what you sell on your site. The more tightly themed your ad groups, the better. And the same for Keywords. We will talk about keywords in a few days.

In my recent post on website optimization, I said that "Advertisers sometimes forget that it's their site that sells their products and not necessarily their ads." Ad that's true, you definitely want to invest some time to make sure your site loads fast and is easy to navigate. In terms of your ads, you want to make sure they are relevant and attractive. So how to attract last minute Mother's Day sales?

You can try to create an image ad. You don’t need any special graphic skills. You can create professional-looking ads in a few minutes for free with Display Ad Builder. Here is how. Give it a try!

Screen Shot 2013-04-30 at 1.23.45 PM.png

I'd be happy to hear from you to share any useful tips on your experience with seasonal campaigns. :smileyhappy:

Tomorrow, we'll talk more about bids and budget! Stay tuned!

Zee
G+
Message 2 of 7 (934 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Zee
| ‎01-05-2013 09:56 AM

Hi Zee,

I am getting so overwhelmed with understanding all the new techniques. As an online retailer I would like to understand the strategies for selling to people searching for keywords and using the Google Shopping. I am a small business, so I need to make the right decision on the best way to approach my advertising. Thanks.

Message 3 of 7 (842 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Luke W
| ‎01-05-2013 11:17 AM

Hi Luke, 

Thanks for your post. I understand that it can be overwhelming to master all the new techniques. You are asking how to set up Product Listing Ads (PLAs). 

Before you start with PLAs, make sure your have high quality feeds in your Merchant Center, and make your product targets as specific as you need. If you going to run a seasonal campaign, make sure you update your feeds way in advance as it could take 24-48 hours to get it running. Once you're done with your Merchant Center, you're ready to set up your Product Listing Ads campaign and create product targets for them.

Click to one of the following sections to get started with your Product Listing Ads campaign:

For more information, please check out our optimization guide or watch our Hangout on Air videos.

Best,

Zee
G+
Message 4 of 7 (835 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Zee
| ‎02-05-2013 08:25 AM

Hi Zee,

I just want to clarify this quote

"Product Listing Ads use product targets to determine when items in your Merchant Center account appear on a search results page."

Does this mean

A product target is not a key word, but a retailer (like myself) associates products with a keyword.

i.e. key word "pants"

I have 3 products (levi,wrangler,jordace) that associate with "pants"

When user searches "pants" my 3 products (levi,wrangler,jordace) will be displayed.

Message 5 of 7 (725 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Luke W
| ‎02-05-2013 02:56 PM

Hi Luke,

These two are very different. With keywords, you can define which searches should trigger your ad. With product targets, you define which products in your Google Merchant Center account you want to feature. AdWords will show your product ad in all cases where the customer search is relevant to your product. This article explains how you can create product targets.

Best,

Zee
G+
Message 6 of 7 (683 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Zee
| ‎03-05-2013 09:08 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for your comments and discussion. This post is closed to new messages now.

If you'd like to learn more about bids and budget, please follow Alys's Mother's Day Tip on how to get the most for your money

Best,

Zee
G+
Message 7 of 7 (588 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here