Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

Solved!
Accepted Solution

Site Suspended on Adwords for Landing Page Vio.

| ‎16-04-2012 05:59 PM

Today has not been a great day. I get home to find that none of my ads have been running today and that there is a supposed landing page violation on the URL that my ad campaign links to. 

This is the most vague email I have ever seen, one says that I am in violation of "user safety" and another says I violated a Landing Page policy. No further information in either of the two emails is given besides generic links that bring me to an unhelpful support page. 

The site is www.pwkeep.com.

See if you guys can find anything, but I see no problems with the landing page.

Message 1 of 15 (806 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: Site Suspended on Adwords for Landing Page Vio.

Reply to technodude95
| ‎16-04-2012 06:14 PM

Since you are running a software download site you never have an easy case with Adwords.

Since I do not have Windows, I can't give a good answer on any points regarding the installer, but since you are distributing a free tool AND you are using adwords to get traffic on it, maybe you are using a bundled-install?

This is not so uncommon (even softonic does it) but you are not allowed to do this though Adwords (Please Note: I have not checked your installer and am just asking).

2. I didn't see any End User License Agreement on your site. Maybe Google complains about this (If you are distributing under GPL, maybe add this)

Have a look at the policy in detail (http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=guide.cs&guide=1308231&topic=131086... [or search for "Software principles" in the Adwords Help]

Hope my two suggestions can help you.

Message 2 of 15 (803 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

[ Edited ]
Reply to technodude95
| ‎16-04-2012 06:31 PM
Last edited 16-04-2012 06:33 PM by DineshSEM

Hello Technodude95,

I'll suggest you to read the Google software principles  and make sure your website is following all these principles, make all these changes and then fill the Contact form for re approval of landing page.

Dinesh
My Blog
Message 3 of 15 (799 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to ArneTR
| ‎16-04-2012 06:57 PM

Yeah, the disclaimer link was messed up. I fixed that and now that's fine. (btw, the disclaimer link is found in the footer, bottom right)

However, even though the link had previously been messed up, that should not matter. I wasn't linking to the download page, so a disclaimer or lack of one should not have mattered because I was linking in the adwords ad to the home page. I still have yet to see anywhere were I am violating a landing page policy. 

To the other response, I am complying with those rules completely. And, on top of that, it is not packaged software, meaning that I don't distribute it with other software that is unnapproved or even approved by them. 

I really don't understand what I could be violating?

Message 4 of 15 (792 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: Tradenames

Reply to technodude95
| ‎17-04-2012 12:38 AM

technodude95;

You are using trade-names on your landing page and trade logos. Are you following AdWords policy about trade names?

-Moshe

Message 5 of 15 (772 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to technodude95
| ‎17-04-2012 05:42 AM

Hello. I don't see a privacy policy on your website, and you do have a contact form where you request personal information.

http://adwords.blogspot.com/2011/05/upcoming-adwords-policy-changes-to.html

As of May last year, you are required to have one on your website.

Message 6 of 15 (761 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to technodude95
| ‎17-04-2012 09:12 AM
Moche - Thanks for your insight. Am I really not allowed to use a picture of google and youtube on my website? I don't understand what the link you gave me requires me to do? Surely other companies have used google, blogger, and youtube logos on their site. How do I fix this?

AdWiser - I really don't understand why this matters. That's not only not a violation google said I was doing, but the contact form is not the landing page. My ad linked to the homepage of my site; the fact that I have a contact form on a different page shouldn't matter.
Message 7 of 15 (750 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to technodude95
| ‎17-04-2012 09:47 AM

Technodude95, did you read this sentence on the page I linked to?

"If your site requests payment, financial, or personal information from visitors ..." (it has to do with the website, as a whole, not with the landing page alone).

Regarding your e-mails, you said "one says that I am in violation of "user safety"

and on the same page I linked to Google says "AdWords should be a safe, fair, and trusted marketplace for both you and the users who click on your ads. "

To me, they're related (the two messages), but if you think they're not, let's agree to disagree.

Message 8 of 15 (743 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to AdWiser
| ‎17-04-2012 10:10 AM

technodude95;

You are using trade names (e.g : Windows, Mac, Linux, ) and trade logos on your landing page...

Message 9 of 15 (738 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to MosheTLV
| ‎17-04-2012 10:42 AM

Hi Technodude95,

I really don't think the trademarks are an issue here. They are commonly used to indicate which platform on which the software will run.

But you do not have a privacy policy posted anywhere on the site. The "disclaimer" is not a disclaimer at all, it is a user agreement and terms of service. That's not at all the same thing. You do collect certain information on your site that requires a privacy policy be posted on your site if you are going to advertise with AdWords.

It is most likely the lack of a privacy policy that Google is calling a users safety issue.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Message 10 of 15 (732 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here