Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

Solved!
Accepted Solution

Video Ads Budget Estimation

| ‎13-04-2012 04:30 AM

Hi,

I would likle to promote a Video across all Google Channels. Can some guide me how to do this & what will be budget estimations for 1000,000 video hits.

Regards,

Santosh

Message 1 of 5 (5,263 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: Video Ads Budget Estimation

Reply to SantoAdWords
| ‎13-04-2012 06:35 AM

Hi SantoAdWords,

Sounds like you have quite the project ahead of you.  There are numerous channels available to promote videos.  Budgets however, are defined by advertisers, there is no set 'cost' or 'estimates' that can be given.

There are a few resources listed on this thread that may be of assistance to you.

I have a sense that you will probably need to share more information here.  Are you promoting a YouTube video?  Are you going to promote this video using just Adwords or are you also looking to promote on YouTube as well?

Not that I have all the answers for you but I think more details would help you receive more specific responses.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Message 2 of 5 (5,254 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor
AdWords Accepted Solution

Reply to SantoAdWords
| ‎22-04-2012 10:29 PM

Hi SantoAdWords,

Thank you for submitted this question. The  best way for you to reach 1,000,000 video views on your video is to create a TrueView video ad through AdWords for video. TrueView video ads allow you to promote your video across YouTube and the Google display network. When you set up a TrueView ad campaign through AdWords for video, your video ad will appear:

- on top or the right hand side of search results on YouTube

- On top of the video suggestions next to YouTube videos

- on websites that are part of the Google Display network

- within the YouTube video player, as a skippable commercial before another video from a YouTube partner

On all of those placements, you only pay on a cost per view basis, meaning that we only charge when a user actually choses to watch your video. You determine the maximum cost per view that you are comfortable to pay for each engaged view, and the maximum budget that you can afford to spend each day.

(learn more about the TrueView video ad format) 

AdWords for video is an interface specially designed to help you create and manage targeted TrueView Video ad campaigns in less than 15 minutes, from your AdWords account. It will also give detailed reporting on your video performances, with metrics including number of views, cost per view, or who’s viewing your video, how long they watch, and what other actions they take.

Moreover you will find in AdWords for video powerful yet easy to use targeting tools to help you create your campaign. Among which, a traffic estimator tool that allows you to get an estimate of the number of views that you could get for a specific budget and targeting that you indicated, as well as an average range of CPV for your market.

The instructions on how to create a campaign through AdWords for video are here.

We do not have a stand alone version of the traffic estimator yet, although our engineers have included this as one of feature to be released in the next few months.

To get an estimate on the budget that you would need to reach 1,000,000 views on your video:

1. create a new campaign in AdWords for video and set budget that is very high so that it does not limit the campaign delivery (e.g. $10,000/day). 
  2. Also set up the geographic targeting that you would like for your campaign (e.g. USA, or California...). 
  3. Skip the ad creation part and click on "save and continue". You are now directed to the target group creation workflow. 
  4. Indicate your max CPV and your target audience (by default, you are opted in to show throughout all YouTube videos and the GDN). You will get on the right hand side an estimated number of views and average CPV for your audience. Because we have not limited the campaign by budget, this will give you the maximum range of video views for your targeting in one day.
  5. You can also use your average CPV estimates to calculate the budget that you would need to reach 1,000,000 views on your video. For example, if the tool indicates an average CPV of $0.05, this means that 1,000,000 views on your video would cost you around $50,000 

Please feel free to refer to the AdWords Help Center for detailed instructions on how to set up and manage your video ad campaigns with AdWords for video.

Have a great day,

Valentine

Message 3 of 5 (5,205 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Community Manager Zee Community Manager
Reply to Valentine
| ‎24-04-2012 12:09 PM

Hi SantoAdWords,

Did you find Valenine's reply helpful. She provided a very detailed and insightful answer. 

Thanks,

Zee
G+
Message 4 of 5 (5,181 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Zee
| ‎20-12-2012 08:51 AM

Greta reply by Valentine!

I´m struggling a lot with video ads these days.

I´d like to ask

a) what do you think are the greatest benefits of "AdWords for Video" compared to just creating a video ad (using ad builder) in the regular interface?

b) when should one choose either of them?

c) when both (and at what disadvantage)?

Message 5 of 5 (4,399 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here