Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

Solved!
Accepted Solution

shared budgets - How Does it Works ?

[ Edited ]
| ‎31-08-2012 12:59 AM
Last edited 31-08-2012 03:02 AM by Anil_Singh

I notice it today. I read the details here about shared budget , But it didn;t explain it better.

My Question is if we use a daily shared budget then how will it share with all compained added to it?

If some campaing do not use it daily budget then will shared budget use that budget in other campaing which is doing well?

Thanks

Edit...

I see that it is enable only to account targeting US, not to other acount. See a screeshot here- http://i48.tinypic.com/2lw2eeg.jpg

I am on Google+
Message 1 of 16 (1,140 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: shared budgets - How Does it Works ?

Reply to Anil_Singh
| ‎31-08-2012 02:30 AM

Hi Anil,

Thanks for spotting the description of this brand new feature and highlighting an important question. Google's wording "replace individual campaign budgets with one large shared budget" makes me think it is going to be a joint, combined budget *versus* an easy way of setting the same budget amount to multiple campaigns. The second interpretation would not be much of a help for advertisers.

However, the feature is not rolled out to my accounts yet.  

Best,

Lakatos

Message 2 of 16 (1,132 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Anil_Singh
| ‎31-08-2012 02:37 AM

HI Anil singh

I have just checked my own account and I don't have it, it seems it is not available to us all yet as per the article stating so. Now I am curious!

I don't seem to be able to find any information about this either (other than the page you have linked in your post) Can anybody share any information about this new feature? From what I understand from the small piece of information I have seen, you allocate one budget to the account and it will share it with the campaigns on a demand basis until the budget is depleted? Is this correct?

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Best Regards

Message 3 of 16 (1,129 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Hel_ipe
| ‎31-08-2012 05:41 AM

Hi,

Will try to escalate on it and give you feedback later.

Lakatos

Message 4 of 16 (1,112 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Lakatos
| ‎31-08-2012 06:07 AM

Anil: I also have a large US account but the new feature has not been rolled out to it as yet ...:robotlol:

Message 5 of 16 (1,106 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor
AdWords Accepted Solution

Reply to Anil_Singh
| ‎10-09-2012 08:13 AM

Hello Anil,

Thanks for your post on this. To answer your question about how shared budget works, it works by 'feeding' the linked campaigns depending on their daily need. For instance, any spare shared budget that is not being used by campaign A or campaign B's ads, will go towards keeping campaign C's ads up for longer. The shared budget tool modifies the daily spending limit of each linked campaign depending on the daily performance of each campaign. For instance, if campaign A is slow in getting clicks and impressions but campaign C is reaching its daily spending budget limit, then the shared budget will inject more budget into campaign C which would otherwise be used for campaign A.

This said, please make sure that your delivery method in the campaign settings of each of the linked campaigns all reflect the same delivery method setting. This is important as one linked campaign with an accelerated delivery mehtod could easily burn though all shared budget leaving any other linked campaigns setup on standard delivery with no budget to show their ads throughout the day.

This tool is currently being finalised for a full launch to all Adwords accounts. 

I hope this hopes shed some light on the functionality of the tool. There is currently a limited amount of information available on the tool as it has not been properly rolled out yet. Once it is finalised, more information will be made available to advertisers.

All the best,

James T.

Message 6 of 16 (1,070 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to JamesT
| ‎18-09-2012 12:18 AM

If you switch to a shared budget in the middle of the day, we will start serving from the time you create it, as though the campaigns have spent $0 up until that point.

For example, let's say you have 4 campaigns, each with an individual budget of $6. By 3:00pm, each of these campaigns has spent their full $6. At 4:00pm, you decide to create a new shared budget of $24 for those four campaigns. We will start your $24 shared budget from $0, as if the $6 campaigns had not already served.

Message 7 of 16 (1,036 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to JamesT
| ‎25-10-2012 07:27 AM

Will we see a column for "Lost IS budget due to other campaigns" in the future? :smileylol:

Message 8 of 16 (801 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to David_Precisera
| ‎25-10-2012 08:50 AM

Hello David,

As this is a brand new functionality, we are still looking at getting it rolled out to all customers first. For the moment we have not had any update on the implementation of such a column. For now at least. Of course, you can keep up to date by consulting our official Google blog for all official launches.

All the best,

James T.

Message 9 of 16 (799 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to JamesT
| ‎26-10-2012 07:22 AM
Thanks JamesT, I like the function, just trying to be funny ...
Message 10 of 16 (795 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here