Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

• Billing
  • |
  • All my ads are either paused or under review, yet ...
Solved!
Accepted Solution

All my ads are either paused or under review, yet there's campaign activity. Is that normal

| ‎06-04-2012 01:38 PM

I created 4 ads and they all got approved. For some reason, I decided to pause all ads (Didn't know they'll go into review again). So I later decided to run the ads and allow 3 to run... for 2 days now the ads have been "Under Review". This means I have 3 ads under review and 1 paused ad.

I checked billing summary some moments ago and notice an increase in campaign activity and money is being deducted from my (prepaid) credit. Please can someone explain what's going on?

Message 1 of 18 (636 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: All my ads are either paused or under review, yet there's campaign activity. Is that normal

Reply to cmon
| ‎06-04-2012 01:55 PM

Hi Cmon,

One of the Community Mangers, Zee, was able to confirm that there is a bit of a delay in Ad Approvals going on right now but the engineers are working hard to resolve the issues and work through the log.

Please read more here:  http://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Slow-adwords-approval/m-p/13012

-Tom

Message 2 of 18 (632 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: All my ads are either paused or under review, yet there's campaign activity. Is that normal

Reply to PPCBossman
| ‎06-04-2012 02:42 PM

Thanks Boss, So does that mean I'm actually not receiving clicks and also not being billed? I just got an email saying

my ads may stop running soon because your prepaid balance is almost depleted. I actually don't want to pause the ads so they don't go into review again.
Message 3 of 18 (629 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to cmon
| ‎06-04-2012 02:48 PM
Hi, You should not be receiving clicks on any ads that are paused or under review. However, other ads in your account may be running, you'll have to check on that. -Tom
Message 4 of 18 (627 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to cmon
| ‎06-04-2012 03:04 PM

Hi cmon

Its strange to read that all your ads got approved and again went to review. This never happens,once the ad is approved it stays approved till you delete or edit it.

It is right though that the ad review process is taking a bit long lately (one of my ad is under review for a week now!). I am curious about when your ads got approved,did you have them running for some time before pausing them??

Best

Mudit

Message 5 of 18 (625 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Mudit
| ‎06-04-2012 03:09 PM

Hi Mudit,

Paused ads are reviewed before they can become eligible again.

http://adwords.blogspot.com/2011/09/now-reviewing-paused-ads.html

-Tom

Message 6 of 18 (622 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Mudit
| ‎06-04-2012 03:12 PM

Yep! The moment you pause an ad and enable it, it goes under review. Check the link by PPCboss...

Message 7 of 18 (620 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to PPCBossman
| ‎06-04-2012 03:14 PM
None of them are running... I'm just surprised. They are all either paused or under review. I don't know where the clicks are coming from or why my funds are being depleted.
Message 8 of 18 (619 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to PPCBossman
| ‎06-04-2012 03:33 PM

Hi Tom

I guess there are certain things being lost in translation. I am aware that paused ads which have not completed the "ad review" process will be reviewed at the back end to speed up the review process in order to avoid delays. To be more specific:

New ad< Under review< if paused in that state< under review(backend)< enabled< under review(if review not over else the review result if review over).....the ad status also might be "eligible" when created (generally then its takes just few mins to achive the review result status).

If I am not wrong "cmon" mentioned that all his 4 ads got "approved" at first and then he "paused" them. My concern is that once those ads got approved no matter you pause them for 100 days(or more) they will stay "approved" once enabled again.

Excuse me if I did not understand what "cmon" was trying to say.

Best

Message 9 of 18 (614 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Mudit
| ‎06-04-2012 04:03 PM

@Mudit,

You are absolutely correct.  I agree 100% with what you're saying...Not ALL paused ads are placed in the review process.  

Please don't take my post the wrong way.

@comn

What are the charges you are seeing?  Are they automatic payments?  Where are the funds being racked up in the account?  Are there any more details you can find for us...adjustments to the account?  I'm not super familiar with the nuances of prepay but I'm sure there are others who are here.

-Tom

Message 10 of 18 (611 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here