Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

Google Partners Goes Global

| ‎20-11-2013 11:55 AM

Today we announced the worldwide launch of Google Partners – a platform for the digital marketing community that helps businesses and agencies grow and thrive together.

Google Partners replaces Agency Edge, Google Certification Program, and Engage for Agencies by taking the best they had to offer and adding new resources — all in a clean, simple interface. 

With Google Partners, you can:

• Earn leads: Connect with potential clients through Google Partner Search

• Get certified: Take certification exams – for free – on an improved, more intuitive platform

• Learn and develop: Gain insights tailored to your agency and its needs

• Use offers: Receive offers that you can use to introduce clients to AdWords

• Demonstrate credibility: Distinguish yourself in the marketplace by earning the Google Partner badge

If you're interested in joining Google Partners, please visit www.google.com/partners. And feel free to use the Community as a resource if you have any issues along the way.

Message 1 of 15 (809 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: Google Partners Goes Global

[ Edited ]
Reply to CocoP
| ‎20-11-2013 11:58 AM
Last edited 20-11-2013 12:02 PM by Hannah

Hi everyone, I’m Nick from the AdWords Support team in Mountain View.

We’ve been getting some questions about this launch already so I gathered together some of the FAQs:

1. Why am I not a Google Partner on the Partner status tab? Possible reasons:

• Incomplete company profile: If there is a prompt that you need to complete your profile, please click on the Complete Profile link and make sure that all necessary information (fields with asterisks) are filled out and accurate. Also make sure your G+ page is properly verified using this method: How to link G+ Page to your website

OR

• This Partners account is not hitting the spend requirement, best practices requirement, or the certifications requirements. More information on those requirements is available here.

1. Where do I find my Individual Certification certificate? How do I find my individual certification in search results?

• In Partners, there is no “Individual Certification” like there was in GCP. Additionally, there is no certificate/PDF available for passing exams in your individual profile, and there is no way to make your “individual” Partners profile publicly visible via Partners search.

• Once you pass 2 or more exams in your individual profile, you can apply this certification to a company Partners account to help the company account satisfy the “Certification” requirement.

1. How do I affiliate my individual profile to my company account?

• On the My Profile tab, search for your company in the box that says Find my Company under Company Affiliation.

• If your company is found, the current Admin on the company account will need to grant you access from the People tab within the company account.

• If your company is not found, click on where it says Company Not Found and you will be given the option to create your company account.

1. How do I invite other users to my company Partners account?

• You will want the individual users to affiliate to your company using the process described above. Once they have done so, you can grant them access on the People tab.

1. Why are my exams not appearing in my account?

• It can take 48-72 hours for completed exams to appear in Partners accounts. If your exam still has not appeared within 72 hours, please consult AdWords Support.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions about this launch.

- Nick

Message 2 of 15 (805 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to nick
| ‎04-12-2013 03:43 AM
Having IQ is worthless until IQ affiliate with company. This seems annoying. What if one wants to be independent consultant other than any company affiliation?
Message 3 of 15 (613 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

[ Edited ]
Reply to Asif D
| ‎04-12-2013 12:57 PM
Last edited 04-12-2013 01:24 PM by John Paul

Hi Asif,

Thank you for your posting. If you are asking can I get certified while being an independent consultant? The anwser is "Yes". Anyone can sign up for the Google Partners program. Once you are signed up, you can take the Certifications exam for free. You will need to pass a minimum of 2 of the 3 exams in order to be certified. Please note that this is not the same as achieving Partner status. You will need to be certified, achieve Best Practices and your MCC must have $10k+ spent (60 of the last 90 days). You can find out more about how to sign up for the Partners program here: https://www.google.com/partners/

Message 4 of 15 (609 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to John Paul
| ‎04-12-2013 11:32 PM

“If you are asking can I get certified while being an independent consultant? The anwser is "Yes"” Independent consultant can’t proof they are certified other than affiliation with company. I passed both exams with more than 90% score on both tests but unfortunately I am unable to display my expertise in terms of certification or something. The only thing I can do is to find some company and beg for their affiliation. This is annoying.

Message 5 of 15 (597 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Asif D
| ‎05-12-2013 10:11 AM
Asif,

You can certainly list your Adwords certification on your resume, website, etc. You can also point your potential Adwords customers to your Google Partners program page that shows you have passed the exams including the certification. I hope this clarifies your question.
Message 6 of 15 (592 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to John Paul
| ‎05-12-2013 09:16 PM

Yes I can but Unfortunately Qualified Individual doesn’t have their certification page anymore so I can’t proof that I am certified Read this thread https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Community-lounge/Google-does-not-care-about-Certified-Indivi.... The biggest headache is that Adwords does not want to update their help documents. https://support.google.com/adwords/certification/answer/12241?hl=en   Any update on when this issue will resoleve Can Qualified Individual get there certification page. Any help will be appriciated.

Message 7 of 15 (580 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Asif D
| ‎06-12-2013 02:20 AM
@asif ;
Individual certification is a known issue; it will take Google time to resolve with a proper link;
As said in another discussion, the only option now is to take a screenshot of the exam scores.
Message 8 of 15 (574 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to MosheTLV
| ‎06-12-2013 02:32 AM

Correction;

After posting I logged into the "old testing center" and in addition to my Analytics certification (that still runs on the "old testing center") - I  also found a PDF for my Adwords individual certification,,,,,.what's wrong with this PDF ceetificate?

Message 9 of 15 (573 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to MosheTLV
| ‎06-12-2013 09:57 AM
OK; I played a bit with the "test records" section of the "old testing center", and customized myself a certification link;

https://googlerecords.starttest.com?code=I006FEE62FC6AFE6C016EE7670067016E6E664292
Message 10 of 15 (567 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here