Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

• Lounge
  • |
  • Announcement: @Mentions (Beta) on English AdWords ...

Announcement: @Mentions (Beta) on English AdWords Community

Community Manager Zee Community Manager
| ‎24-05-2013 11:19 AM

Hi AdWords Community!

We are please to let you know that we've launched a beta version of a new feature called "@Mentions."

What is @Mention?

@Mention is the latest feature that lets Community members call out our experts and other users on the community directly in the post, which automatically sends them an email with a link to the conversation. 

How does it work?

Let’s say I want to invite another Community member to the conversation or thank them for their help. Start typing @ and follow by the user name. A pop-up menu appears with matching names. Select the correct name and continue typing with your text. Every time you call someone's name, the person will be notified, so let's try to not overuse it.

Who can use the feature?

This feature is currently available only to Top Contributors, Rising Stars and Google Employees. Once the feature is out of beta, we will open it to all the other Community members.

Thank you!

Zee
G+
Message 1 of 3 (255 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: Announcement: @Mentions (Beta) on English AdWords Community

Reply to Zee
| ‎24-05-2013 12:13 PM

Sounds great. Thx for the info, Zee ...:manlol:

Message 2 of 3 (243 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: Announcement: @Mentions (Beta) on English AdWords Community

[ Edited ]
Reply to Lakatos
| ‎26-05-2013 10:01 PM
Last edited 26-05-2013 10:06 PM by Adrian B

Hello Zee and Lakatos !

I requested such a feature a few weeks ago in order to receive support about PLA from AdWiser , it is great to see that it can get implemented (maybe just a coincidence)

I would also make a request for 4 more important features (in my opinion ) :

1) A reminder for a thread, in order to receive a email later when we have time to answer. For example I cannot provide an immediate reply to a user in a longer thread , but I know that tomorrow at 6:30 I have some spare time. I is difficult to browse in all the subsribed threads to look for an 2 days old discussion, but if I had an email-reminder, I would set it to send me an email to remind me exactly for what thread I owe a reply to.

2) The mobile interface could use links to : Recent threads, Unanswered threads, and some more buttons besides "Post" and "Star" , expecially a "Subscribe button" to follow threads until they receive a smart solution. An edit button in the mobile interface could be great, since on mobile we can do a lot of typing mistakes. I read from the mobile interface quite often while I drive 2-3 hours a day, and wait 1 or 2 minutes at a stop sign more than 20 times a day, that's enough to read a reply.

3) Also for every login I have to edit my picture since it dissapears, and i've had more than 500 logins followed by editing the picture. That is one of the reasons I wanted to "opt-out" of the "top stared authors" since my profile looked bad because of the picture dissapearing at every login, i was the only person there with no picture.

4) A Text to speech button would be a great addition to the mobile interface.

Message 3 of 3 (205 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here