Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

• Lounge
  • |
  • How would you describe AdWords to a person who nev...

How would you describe AdWords to a person who never used it before?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager Zee Community Manager
| ‎20-03-2013 04:48 PM
Last edited 20-03-2013 04:55 PM by Zee

Hello Community members!

Today is a rainy day in the Bay Area, so I thought what would be an effective but at the same time fun way to engage with all of you. I'm sure some of you saw that we do get questions from users who are new to AdWords and want to know more about AdWords.

Screen Shot 2013-03-20 at 4.44.12 PM.png

There are many ways how to describe Google AdWords. But I want to know your way! I thought it would be a good idea to have all your definitions in one thread that we can share with other users who will ask the same question again in the future.

So let's get started. How would you describe AdWords to a person who never used this service before? 

I'm looking forward to your replies! :smileyhappy:

Zee
G+
Message 1 of 6 (664 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: How would you describe AdWords to a person who never used it befor

Reply to Zee
| ‎20-03-2013 09:04 PM

Hi Zee,

According to me adwords is an advertising tool which help advertisers to bid on certain keywords so that they can rank on google search results. The keywords that they will bid on will be related to the product or services that they provide.

In short we can say it is an advertising tool which helps advetisers in promoting their business.

Regards Saurav

Message 2 of 6 (646 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Zee
| ‎20-03-2013 10:11 PM

Hi Zee,

I will say Adwords is an online advertising platform, through which you can target potential customers, users who are online and engaged in doing something. Adwords advertising is very accuarte and ROI oriented as it has huge customization options which narrow your targeting method, and ultimately it will give you excellent result.

Adwords is a product of Google, and Google has 80-90% search share in the market (including other search partners). Thus targeting interested people wo all are searching for you is very easy. No other platform can offer you with such a huge reach. Also Google has huge display partners, which allows you to reach your kind of customers when they are engaged in navigating or viewing any webpage realted to you.

In short, with the help of Adwords an advertiser can reach maximum possible online viewers. which will help an advertiser to maximise his ROI and create an online presence also.

Hope I could cover few basic charecteristics of Adwords.

Regards,

Foyzul

Message 3 of 6 (638 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Foyzul
| ‎21-03-2013 01:52 PM

Thank you sauravchoudhury and Foyzul for your replies.

So in short, you'd say that AdWords is an advertising tool for advetisers to promote their business and maximaze their ROI.

Great. Who else has any other explanation what AdWords is or means to you specifically?

Zee
G+
Message 4 of 6 (614 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

[ Edited ]
Reply to Zee
| ‎22-03-2013 09:13 AM
Last edited 22-03-2013 09:26 AM by AdWiser

Google AdWords is an application which can:

• show concise text ads to people searching on Google for products or services similar to yours (more and more every day)
  • show nice image ads on websites you select, so that people can learn about your offer without actively searching for it (great for new products for which people do not search yet)
  • filter your target audience by location, language, the device they're using (for a while longer :smileyhappy: ), time of day and day of week
  • allow you to set a fixed daily budget for your advertising
  • provide you with very granular reports, so you can understand what works and what doesn't

When coupled with a list of all your products in your inventory, it can automagically show small ads, including a picture, when people search for them, and do not require you to manually create ads.

That is if you have some time to chat with the prospect. If you have to go into tweet mode, you'll have to tell her that AdWords is the tool which can quickly tell her which half of the advertising budget was so far wasted :smileyhappy:.

Message 5 of 6 (584 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to AdWiser
| ‎22-03-2013 09:20 AM
Calin, your bullet point definition is right on target. Thanks for that!
Zee
G+
Message 6 of 6 (581 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here