Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

• Lounge
  • |
  • Re: If you were an AdWords engineer...

Re: If you were an AdWords engineer...

Community Manager Zee Community Manager
Reply to NehaGupta
| ‎24-04-2012 01:03 PM

Thank you, Liam, Shweta and Neha for your posts. 

@Kim: Our engineers are listening! :smileyhappy:

Zee
G+
Message 31 of 58 (209 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to jyelon
| ‎24-04-2012 02:09 PM

jyelon wrote:

Quality Score: 1/10

Keyword Relevance: no problems

Landing page quality: no problems

Landing page relevance: no problems

The number one thing I would implement is: reasonable diagnostics.  If the quality score is low, there's a problem.  Tell the user what it is!

Hi jyelon

We've just released an update on more transparency in Quality Score

Best,

Zee
G+
Message 32 of 58 (203 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Zee
| ‎25-04-2012 01:48 AM

Comparative Quality Score

A similar concept to Impression Share data except an AdWords user has the ability to compare the quality score of their keywords throughout a campaign against the industry average. I am not sure whether this is too much information to release to an advertiser but it would certainly be useful to see how a campaign is performing against the average competitor as I recently learned industry averages are taken into consideration when first determining the quality score for a keyword. 

There could either be a Comparative Quality Score (CQS) column beside an Actual Quality Score (AQS) column which would allow for quick comparisons. The AQS column figures would be highlighted in green, orange or red depending on whether your keyword is beating, matching or falling behind the industry average. The other option would be to include the information on the standard bubble when hovering over your keyword.

Message 33 of 58 (194 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Kim_Clink
| ‎25-04-2012 05:10 AM

Re: Account Invites for managers.

Allow the person invited to disable their access to the account. I am often invited to review accounts and then I cannot unlink the email account from the account I was invited to audit or send a proposal for. Only the account admin can do that and it causes me to have to create too many email accounts.

So allow the person invited to terminate their own access from an account vs only allowing the account owner to do it.

Kim Clink
Message 34 of 58 (190 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Kim_Clink
| ‎03-05-2012 06:58 AM

Would love to have to ability to ad "annotations" on the AdWords Graph, just like there's the ability in Analytics, that way i'll be able to look back and understand why at a given time cost or clicks went up and have a better idea for data logging.

Appreciate!

Message 35 of 58 (153 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to JaybTiger
| ‎03-05-2012 10:27 AM

Regular expressions in keywords. To be able to use "led tv" as a phrase match, or +led +tv as modified broad match and [^0-9] as negative regular expression, meaning that you don't want your ad to appear for any number in the search term, which might denote a particular model.

Message 36 of 58 (142 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to AdWiser
| ‎07-05-2012 01:46 PM
Ok, Since my first recommendation was implemented, let me please try my second chance.

I would like to have the "Compare" option just like we have in anlaytics, to compare 2 dates one vs. the other.

I know that you could do this with the graph and track from date x to date y, but i would love the simple compare dates as it is in Analytics.

Good point?
Message 37 of 58 (132 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to JaybTiger
| ‎08-05-2012 10:48 AM
Thanks, JaybTiger, that's a great point. Thanks for sharing.
Zee
G+
Message 38 of 58 (120 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Zee
| ‎08-05-2012 11:46 AM

Hi Zee,
I have a suggestion that may help if adopted/implemented.

When viewing Campaign Keywords, some oth the keyword have a blue graph next to them.

Clicking on the blue graph leads you to the Bid Simulator for that particular keyword.

What I would like to be able to do is be able to either sort or view JUST the keywords with the Bid Simulator so that I could evaluate whether or not to increase my bids based upon the simulator.  It could either be a drop down sub-menu item (like an additional option added to the "More actions tab"  or have it's own column in between Max CPC and Est. First Page bid.

I'm sure there are users who have 100s or even 1000s of keywords across their campaign.  Unless I'm missing something, I currently scroll thru my keywords list (quite dizzying LOL) looking for keywords with the blue graph boxes.

Thanks In Advance for Your Consideration,

RPquest

Message 39 of 58 (117 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to RPquest
| ‎09-05-2012 12:59 AM

I'd approve copies of existing display ads instantly when moved to a different ad group / campaign, if the policies are the same (not targeting a different country). What's valid for one campaign / ad group should be valid for any other similar campaign. This could enable us to create a "shell" campaign where we could submit all the ads, have them approved, and then use them as we see fit, with virtually no risk for the AdWords platform. Any ad which has an identical image / flash / video content, and points exactly in the same location, should be considered a clone and thus valid.

Message 40 of 58 (111 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here