Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

• Lounge
  • |
  • Retiring TC - Kim Clinkunbroomer

Retiring TC - Kim Clinkunbroomer

[ Edited ]
| ‎23-10-2012 07:58 AM
Last edited 23-10-2012 08:29 AM by Theresa_Zook

Kim Clinkunbroomer has made the decision to retire from the TC program here on the AdWords Community Forum.

A Top Contributor since 2006, Kim has provided support and advice to many thousands of AdWords advertisers, giving generously of her time and her expertise to help others advertise successfully online. The TC program can be demanding and time-consuming and few TCs remain as active and as enthusiastic as Kim stayed for the last six years. I know of no TC who has given more to the forum than Kim has given--always courteous, thoughtful, and helpful and always willing to take a little bit of extra time to help those having particularly tricky problems. I'm sure some of the people she helped will want to speak up and thank her for her assistance.

Personally, I belive that no one has had more of an influence on what it means to be a TC. She's set a standard that the rest of us need to live up to--her professionalism, the depth of her knowledge about not just AdWords but about marketing overall, and her unfailing willingness to help others. She's been my mentor and my role model in the TC program--It's always been my goal to try to be "as good as Kim."

She's promised us that she'll still find time to visit us on the forum and I look forward to seeing her here, and to continuing to learn from what she knows.

Thank you, Kim!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Message 1 of 15 (1,007 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: Retiring TC - Kim Clinkenbroomer

Reply to Theresa_Zook
| ‎23-10-2012 08:03 AM

This is a massive loss to everyone and everything to do with AdWords.

When I stumbled upon the forum 3 or 4 years ago it was Kim who welcomed me, gave me answers and encouraged me to share my own knowledge. Without her I wouldn't have become part of the community as it is known today and certainly would not have become a TC.

Good luck with everything Kim.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+
Message 2 of 15 (1,006 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to jackportersmith
| ‎23-10-2012 08:23 AM

I never really quite understood how she managed to do it all. Run a company, care for her family (which is not small in numbers, by the way, forgive me for saying that, Kim), and spend so much time here on the community. Thousands and thousands of helpful, inspired and informed posts, and thousands and thousands of hours spent here, helping and inspiring people.

Doing it for one month can be one huge challenge. Doing it for six years is ... I don't know, hard to find a novel / screenplay to describe it.

It's been great having you around, Kim.

Thank you and good luck. If I'll ever become half as good and helpful as you are, I'll consider myself successful.

Oh, and good luck! :smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 15 (1,001 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

[ Edited ]
Reply to AdWiser
| ‎23-10-2012 09:03 AM
Last edited 23-10-2012 09:05 AM by Lakatos

Thank you, Theresa, for launching this thread. 

When I first joined the forum back in 2006 Kimberly had been one of the most active and most esteemed posters for a long time. Honestly, as a beginner, I learned a lot by reading her answers and teachings. She was always very kind and helpful, generous with the ignorant, patient with arrogant and thoughtful in responding to the clever ones. Google - and quite a lot of their advertisers -  gained an awful lot by her oustanding contribution and continued committment thru a pretty number of years. In fact, she was one of the reasons why I happened to stay with the forum so long... :smileyvery-happy: 

During the years we've spent together in this community we've shared lots of excitement and problems, lots of hopes and disappointments but whatever happened Kimberly has always proved some one you could trust and rely on. Both professionally and personally.

The community will be missing a great personality and a true friend folks ... :smileyvery-happy:

Guys and gals, it's high time to shout out for Kim .... :smileyvery-happy:

Message 4 of 15 (983 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Lakatos
| ‎23-10-2012 12:04 PM

Thank you for starting this thread, Theresa!

Kim: In my three years as a Google employee on the AdWords forum, I think of you as a binding force, you were always one of the first to volunteer for any forum activity and you were always most enthusiastic and most vocal about any of our countless experiments. In you, I found one of our finest, you are thoughtful, smart, considerate, courteous: You took your role as a representative of Google AdWords most seriously and you did it complete justice. You helped make the Top Contributors feel like a family. You helped countless an advertiser: graciously and knowledgeably. And rightly acknowledged, all this while managing your own business(es) and being an excellent wife and parent.  

In you, I also found a friend, you were there through the rollercoaster of excitements like my marriage and tears like a personal family loss, I always could count on you. 

I know I will miss you and I am painfully aware it is our loss that you are leaving, but good luck in everything that you do. I doubt you'll need much luck though, you have the Midas touch and I hope you know it.

Love,

Bindu

Message 5 of 15 (937 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Bindu
| ‎23-10-2012 09:35 PM

Though the internet is changing rapidly, Kim's heritage stays with us.!

Message 6 of 15 (901 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

[ Edited ]
Reply to MosheTLV
| ‎23-10-2012 10:16 PM
Last edited 23-10-2012 10:17 PM by purefuzz

It's a shame we're going to lose one of the most valuable members in the community but everything you have done up to now has been more than brilliant and I'm pretty sure I could speak for everyone when I say, thank you for sharing your knowledge and your community spirit Kim !

Message 7 of 15 (899 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

[ Edited ]
Reply to purefuzz
| ‎24-10-2012 07:15 AM
Last edited 24-10-2012 07:16 AM by NehaGupta

Hi Kim,

I just want to say, your knwoledge is incredible and I am sure you are inspiration of lot of adwords users including me. I will miss you!! :smileyhappy:

Best Regards,

Neha Gupta

Message 8 of 15 (883 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: Retiring TC - Kim Clinkunbroomer

Reply to Theresa_Zook
| ‎24-10-2012 09:41 AM

WOW!

Thanks Theresa for starting this thread, and thanks so much to everyone for the very kind words.  I cannot even begin to tell you how much I appreciate it….sniffle…it truly means the world to me.

It was so much fun spending time on the Community over the years and I have made such great friendships that I hope will continue on forever, you are like family to me.  I enjoyed working with so many different advertisers and learning and sharing and growing as a person and a professional.  I am not leaving AdWords behind, heck no, never, I love it too much!  I am going to concentrate on growing the business, more demanding clients and new creative outlets.   

Please, all of you keep in touch with me.  It would make me sad if I could not keep in touch with you amazing, talented people.

I am sure you will see me around the forum from time to time and you can always find me on G+ if you want to say hi https://plus.google.com/u/0/106872672348894417767/posts  

Special thanks to Google, Eric Feron, his wonderful, amazing, talented team, my fellow Top Contributors and the Community members! 

Respectfully yours,

Kim

Kim Clink
Message 9 of 15 (870 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: Retiring TC - Kim Clinkunbroomer

Reply to Kim_Clink
| ‎25-10-2012 04:02 AM

I cannot believe it. Simply I cannot believe it. It has stunned me. I joined back just now after the summit and got to see this shocking news. 

Kim has been a real inspiration for me (and am sure for many forum posters) since the time I joined the forum way back in 2010. I don't have words to express my feelings right now. But hats off to you dear Kim. 

Wish you best of luck and I hope you grow your business more and more, which you are heading towards.

Best Regards

Pankaj

Message 10 of 15 (838 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here