Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

• Lounge
  • |
  • Re: What AdWords features would you like Santa Cla...

What AdWords features would you like Santa Claus to bring to you?

| ‎11-12-2012 08:23 AM

Hello folks,

since the kind bearded man will soon be visiting us, it sounds fair to make a list.

Let's see what you have been longing for lately.

Remember, keep the list short and start with the most important toy.

Also, you may want to add that you have been veeery good this year...

have fun,

EF

Yes, I work at Google. I want all AdWords Advertisers to be happy and prosperous
Message 1 of 56 (1,671 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: What AdWords features would you like Santa Claus to bring to you?

[ Edited ]
Reply to Eric
| ‎11-12-2012 02:45 PM
Last edited 11-12-2012 02:47 PM by fnippy

I would love to stop getting a message about my using an older browser when I log in to Adwords using Google Chrome for iPad. Older browser? It's only a few months old AND a Google product.

I would also like to be able to refresh the Home screen and not be taken to the Campaign screen (which often hangs). This happens frequently, but not always, when using Chrome for iPad and even Firefox on my PC.

It's the little things.

p.s. I have been very good this year, reading lots of help articles and coming to the forums daily for tips. As a result, my ROI has skyrocketed.

Message 2 of 56 (1,665 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to fnippy
| ‎11-12-2012 08:38 PM

Ho ho ho Snippy, very well then, very well...

Lets see what the other AdWords children have to say :smileywink:

Yes, I work at Google. I want all AdWords Advertisers to be happy and prosperous
Message 3 of 56 (1,659 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Eric
| ‎12-12-2012 01:14 AM

Dynamic Display Ads (http://www.google.com/ads/innovations/dynamicdisplayads.html). All over Europe.

And a variation of that, let's have Google do what Criteo / Amazon do: not just select what products to show on a certain GDN placement, but allow E-Commerce advertisers to remarket with dynamic ads, showing the products already viewed by customers, across any GDN website. The image below is served to me on the Guardian website, after looking for some snowboots on their website.

Amazon Product Retargeting

We have everything we need: zillions of websites on the GDN, verified products in the Merchant Feed, and the doubleclick cookie. All that's left is a small code snippet to register viewed products on an e-commerce website.

There you go, Santa, it's a small wish :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:. Want! Badly! :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 56 (1,655 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to AdWiser
| ‎12-12-2012 06:53 PM

Ho ho ho , so you want boots to go travel in South America, very well, very well...

Seriously now, yes, we hear you...

E

Message 5 of 56 (1,643 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

[ Edited ]
Reply to Eric
| ‎13-12-2012 03:00 PM
Last edited 13-12-2012 03:04 PM by purefuzz

Not really a feature for myself but one that could really benefit new AdWords customers.

During the sign up process the user is asked to select their industry and upon selecting it AdWords could point them to a specific area of their policy pages if there is one for that industry. eg. medical, government services, gambling, tobacco etc.

This prompt could help new users avoid potential account problems and give them a bit of a heads up on some issues they may encounter.

New users can be in a rush to get online and don't think about the policies until it's too late sometimes.

This may be able to help assist with reducing the number of policy violations by educating the users at the beginning.

P.S. It could help reduce the volume of policy posts we get on here as well ;-)

Message 6 of 56 (1,634 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

[ Edited ]
Reply to purefuzz
| ‎13-12-2012 03:32 PM
Last edited 13-12-2012 03:40 PM by fnippy

I like purefuzz's idea a lot.

It has me thinking about what happened when I set up my account. I remember being pushed to create my first campaign immediately. Maybe newcomers should be asked to read some basic guidelines first and/or be directed to an optional checklist of preparations.

Message 7 of 56 (1,628 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to fnippy
| ‎16-12-2012 04:24 PM
But isnt that in googles favour that people dont know what they are doing hense throwing money at google for even bigger profits they are not going to fix anything that reduces their profits thats my view anyway
Message 8 of 56 (1,451 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Eric
| ‎17-12-2012 03:31 AM

User friendly AdWords Certification Help Files. 

• Single Page View
  • PDF download version
Message 9 of 56 (1,279 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to Eric
| ‎17-12-2012 05:31 AM

I would like to see keywords that triggered my ads but did not receive a click. Volumes are not needed. It would be very helpful to find exclusion keywords.

Message 10 of 56 (1,262 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here