Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

Upcoming Changes to Exact & Phrase Match Types

| ‎19-04-2012 06:04 AM

Hi All, Google recently announced some upcoming changes to exact and phrase match behavior. I realize it's something you can opt in or out of (thankfully) but I'm not sure how I feel about this just yet. I'm also curious if it will apply to exact and phrase match negatives as well. Anybody have any insight? 

-Chris

Message 1 of 3 (337 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: Upcoming Changes to Exact & Phrase Match Types

Reply to ChrisMullins
| ‎19-04-2012 06:25 AM

Hi Chris,

You're not alone with your thoughts.  Lots of folks are inquisitive as to how this will eventually look. 

Interesting question about negatives.  I would say that they're probably not going to have any bearing on negative KWs as negatives are already treated slightly different, but I cannot confirm this. 

For more reading and thoughts, there was an initial discussion about this yesterday and another non-related discussion that turned into a related discussion.

Cheers!

-Tom

Message 2 of 3 (331 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: Upcoming Changes to Exact & Phrase Match Types

Reply to ChrisMullins
| ‎19-04-2012 10:24 AM

I've never been a big fan of some of the google automation tools. I like to have the hands-on feel.

We usually cover mis-spelling etc. with modified broad match, which already includes mis-spelling etc.

I feel like Google is trying to squeeze more revenue out of me with this feature.

Message 3 of 3 (321 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here