Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

Solved!
Accepted Solution

Do assisted conversions in Analytics show in total conversions in Adwords?

| ‎24-02-2012 04:31 AM

Hi all,

Just started looking into assisted conversions and I can't work out if the total conversions in Adwords contains the assisted conversions from analytics. 

So for example I have one ad campaign that shows as a total conversion value of £3500, and 204 conversions. 

My analytics accout then shows 283 conversions at £2500.

So would my total conversions for this ad group be £6000?

Any help would be great

Jack

Message 1 of 4 (1,000 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: Do assisted conversions in Analytics show in total conversions in Adwords?

Reply to jacktrueshop
| ‎24-02-2012 08:50 AM

Hello.

Are you familiar with:

- AdWords conversion attribution versus Analytics conversion attribution

- Analytics' Multi Channel Funnels

?

The general idea is the following: adwords attributes a conversion to itself if a conversion takes place after a click on an ad, within 30 days. Analytics, on the other hand, attributes it to the last traffic source (it can be organic or referral) before the conversion took place, except in cases when the visit source is direct.

Here are some links with details:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375435

http://analytics.blogspot.com/2011/08/introducing-multi-channel-funnels.html

By all means though, if the information above is not sufficient for you to figure out how things go, please return to this thread and we'll get more into details.

Message 2 of 4 (991 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor
AdWords Accepted Solution

Reply to AdWiser
| ‎24-02-2012 11:31 AM

Hi Jack,

I'm also wondering if you have looked at the "Many-per-click" conversions in AdWords. It is not one of the default columns, you'll have to add it. You may find the difference between AdWords conversion and Analytics conversions is in the "Many-per-click". This column includes the "one-per-click" conversions, plus repeat purchases within the 30 day window by the same user by returning to your site with other than an AdWords click and reported by Anayltics as a conversion from another source.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Message 3 of 4 (987 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Reply to AdWiser
| ‎27-02-2012 01:02 AM

Hi,

I think I'm getting it. Am I right in thinking that last interaction conversions attributed to my ads are the same conversions that appear in adwords, and then Assisted Conversions are people who have clicked on an ad, but then come back within 30 days via another chanel and made a purchase?

I get the difference between standard conversions in analytics, but it's these assisted conversions I don't get!

Message 4 of 4 (977 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here