Welcome to the Official AdWords Community

What does average position = 0 for Product Listing Ads indicate?

| ‎01-01-2013 09:06 AM

Hi,

In the Product Listing Ads (PLA) Campaign I run, a lot of Ads have average position = 0. While in case of keywords (text ads), I believe, it happens in absence of impressions (https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/What-does-it-mean-if-my-average-position-is-0/td-... in our case I have received both impressions and clicks and yet the average position is 0. When we tried reducing the bids, even though the number of clicks went down, average position continues to be 0. Moreover, this was not the case a couple of months earlier and we did have non zero avg positions.

Any insights in this regard will be helpful.

Thanks,

--Sudip.

Message 1 of 3 (880 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: What does average position = 0 for Product Listing Ads indicate?

Reply to pidus
| ‎02-01-2013 09:11 AM

Hi Sudip,

Thanks for your question!

As you may know, PLAs are a relatively newer format for Google and we're still working on developing the functionality and reporting with this ad type. One such metric that hasn't been completely fleshed out for PLAs is the average position metric. When they first launched, we would show numbers for avaerage position for PLAs but they were not completely accurate since there are a number of different ways that PLAs can display and can be ranked. So we recently made the change that for the time being, we will show the PLAs with an average position of 0. We are working on providing more guidance on the actual position attained by PLAs, so keep your eye on the blog for future updates! 

Happy New Year!

Anne R.

The Google AdWords Team

Message 2 of 3 (870 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Re: What does average position = 0 for Product Listing Ads indicate?

Reply to Anne
| ‎23-08-2013 07:22 PM
Any update to this issue yet? It's August and I'm still seeing it in one account, but another client's PLA campaign is fine. Thanks!
Message 3 of 3 (322 Views)
Please use plain text.
Full Reply Editor

Did this Answer Your Question? If not post your question here